Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Das Model: Auferstanden aus Ruinen

Quote Originally Posted by Horsetan View Post
    That was the "Achtung Baby" tour.
    It was Ivan. I think they raised the bar for out door gigs on that tour. It was a multi media show as well as musical. I think Larry Mullen said you can go to a gig and watch tv at the same time, how bad.

Rich,

Quote Originally Posted by garfieldsghost View Post
    But the ground in the cover image is flat...
    Artistic licence...

This is actually the one that I have, if the picture will help you sleep at night...

Name:  $_35.JPG
Views: 131
Size:  18.5 KB
    Last edited by Broithe; 03-12-2015 at 04:42 PM.
    My best work has been spread over many fields..

Quote Originally Posted by Broithe View Post
    Artistic licence...

This is actually the one that I have, if the picture will help you sleep at night...

Name:  $_35.JPG
Views: 131
Size:  18.5 KB
    Much better!

Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

Phew!
    My best work has been spread over many fields..

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Can you just imagine the endless list of health and safety vetoes to so, so many aspects of the German "plandampf" if it was staged in Ireland!
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

My heart and soul is in County Clare, but my body is elsewhere :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRich View Post
    It was Ivan. I think they raised the bar for out door gigs on that tour. It was a multi media show as well as musical. I think Larry Mullen said you can go to a gig and watch tv at the same time, how bad.
    I still have the album somewhere. I look back fondly upon those days, those rare oul times before Bono became holier-than-thou.

Quote Originally Posted by jhb171achill View Post
    Can you just imagine the endless list of health and safety vetoes to so, so many aspects of the German "plandampf" if it was staged in Ireland!
    I'm not sure we have sufficient working engines to maintain an Irish Plandampf, never mind the H&S . You'd need to build a few more WTs, J15s, K1/K1a, B1 and B2, plus V or VS, to run a worthwhile service.
    Last edited by Horsetan; 03-12-2015 at 05:24 PM.
    "F*** your Honda Civic, I've a horse outside"

My heart and soul is in County Clare, but my body is elsewhere :-(

Reko 01.5

Still scratching the East German itch, a secondhand Roco 01.5 pacific joined the collection a while back, as did a German reference book on the class. Roco turned it out as 01.0525-4, but I have since swapped the cab and numberplates to represent the preserved 01.533 which is the property of the Austrian OGEG (Museum of Railway History).

Roco have a particularly good spares service, and you can order the parts direct from their website - delivery is in the order of 7 to 14 days.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "F*** your Honda Civic, I've a horse outside"