Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Air Brush?

hidden-agenda
    For the love of god Dave dont buy a Sealey upright http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilde...iredresults=16 its a long story but this is a good compressor and i am happy with it except for the damn noise when its running its not for a confined space as my garage sounds like the space shuttle is getting ready for launching.

I already have something similar with a small tank. I used it on site with the nail guns. It's in my workshop now. I don't mind the noise like most compressors they make noise unless you get a Hydovane which are very quiet. There a couple of grand though.

Quote Originally Posted by hidden-agenda View Post
    For the love of god Dave dont buy a Sealey upright http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilde...iredresults=16 its a long story but this is a good compressor and i am happy with it except for the damn noise when its running its not for a confined space as my garage sounds like the space shuttle is getting ready for launching.

Custom made baseboards, helix, storage units and display cabinets. Complete layout service available.

Lads,

I have the same compressor in the link Richie posted, and I also have the gravity-fed airbrush although I bought them seperately. I find both of them to be fine and I would highly recommend them.
    Like Anto said, it's about technique and an expensive airbrush won't help with that. There's nothing wrong with going the inexpensive route especially when starting out, then by all means upgrade if you feel the need.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Thanks for all the advise lads, it was getting close to airbrushes at dawn there lol . Although in my experience I believe in buying the best tool for the job. When I'm buying tools for my job I would spend a lot to get the quality and durability. The last tool I bought was a router made by Festool cost me over 600 where most professional routers cost around 300. I know it will last and has the power to do what I need it to do.
    I also believe if a tool is only used a few times a year the cheaper tool is a better way to go.

I have an oilless compressor with a decent tank I'll use and will probably go for the cheaper air brush as I'll only use it for weathering and painting locos.

I'll shut up now!

Thanks everyone

Cheers

Dave
    Dave whatever you choose will your decision and your's alone. I wish you the best of luck with whatever airbrush you choose. If you are ever down my neck of the woods I would be delighted to have you in my home for a visit and you could have a play around with my set up.

Rich,

Are you sure it's just airbrushing that you are getting upto in there Gareth.

Rich,

Quote Originally Posted by RedRich View Post
    Dave whatever you choose will your decision and your's alone. I wish you the best of luck with whatever airbrush you choose. If you are ever down my neck of the woods I would be delighted to have you in my home for a visit and you could have a play around with my set up.

Rich,
    Cheers Rich.

Custom made baseboards, helix, storage units and display cabinets. Complete layout service available.

If you are ever down my neck of the woods I would be delighted to have you in my home for a visit and you could have a play around with my set up.

Rich,
    Please tell me that when you ask Dave to play with your set up that you are talking about an airbrush and compressor.

Rofl
    Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

hidden-agenda
    Are you sure it's just airbrushing that you are getting upto in there Gareth.

Rich,
    My wife has asked the same question quite a few times. I reply I am making the bomb for the Fuhrer.

My wife has asked the same question quite a few times. I reply I am making the bomb for the Fuhrer.

Watch out mate I think Rich might want to come up and play with your set up also. Your wife will hit the roof

BTW why are you making bombs for Heirflick
    Last edited by Anthony; 27-06-2012 at 03:53 AM.