Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Class C ECMCHAS For Silver Fox Kit.

Hi Riversuir226

That photo just answered another question- 'Where is the cow-catcher/wheel guard mounted'

Thanks for posting

Eoin
    www.ecmtrains.com - Manufacturing the Model Dart

Here's another one for you.

Name:  C class.JPG
Views: 865
Size:  105.9 KB

Nice detail shot Whesty
    Last edited by Riversuir226; 11-01-2015 at 09:07 PM.

Hi Westhy

Yes, a very nice shot

Eoin

Blog Entries
    Very interesting & a rather nice model as well. Can anybody point me in the direction of a drawing, as wouldn't mind having a go at a 7mm scale version?
    Whither atrophy?

Wonderful stuff your going to need a small factory. Nice new shiny things. Brillant work.

Hi All

I have now constructed a non motor bogie to run some tests- see below;-

Name:  C Class-10 IMAG1662.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  98.5 KB

There is some making in this and after it all I have found its cheaper to use the second motor and have that extra umph! I tested the new bogie and could only pull 5 coaches max and at this the throttle had to be full open to get moving. Pulling small wagons- it's grand, up to 10 can be run without difficulty.

So the two motors are more economical and more powerful - decision made.

Here are a few photos of the lighting system going in, the directionals are run by two clear LEDs with .45mm fibre optic strands doing the bulb job on the loco. The LEDs are shrouded with a brass tube, with an aluminium tube socket holding the FB strands. The strands are epoxied in and the ends polished for best pick-up.

Name:  C Class-05 IMAG1711.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  80.0 KB
    This is the brass shrouds over the LEDs with the FB strands plugged in

Name:  C Class-06 IMAG1713.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  58.9 KB

Name:  C Class-07 IMAG1714.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  64.3 KB
    This is a shot of the system complete, some shrinkie was added over the LEDs as they were lighting up the inside. Also the radiator cooling fan has been installed and cab light blue tacked in to test.

Name:  C Class-08 IMAG1718.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  70.5 KB
    Under test in forward direction with cab light on

Name:  C Class-09 IMAG1717.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  69.1 KB
    Under test in reverse direction

I used the Tiger lamp fibre optic strands on this build, they are ok but varies in size from strand to strand- .4mm up to5.2mm. Also there were a number of small fractures in the strands which looses some light, but the clear LEDs are quite powerful so no major loss. The red lamps are done by a touch of paint on the end.

Eoin
    Last edited by murrayec; 29-06-2015 at 06:58 PM.

Very well done Eoin, & don't forget a video of that magical fan working, looks great,