Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Murphy Models 121

Divecontroller,

DC Kits have an excellent range of soundfiles for British locos. They may be willing to write a bespoke file to your specifications if you just want to change a few horn sounds. Might be worth contacting them....

Quote Originally Posted by irishthump View Post
    You can't import a sound file from a decoder. You need to be in possession of the original file.
    That's correct- I installed the system last night to take a look at the software to see, I miss read their sales text!

Though you do get a lot of sound projects on the instillation disk which has plenty of diesel locos that can be edited for uploading to a decoder.

Eoin
    www.ecmtrains.com - Manufacturing the Model Dart

Quote Originally Posted by murrayec View Post
    That's correct- I installed the system last night to take a look at the software to see, I miss read their sales text!

Though you do get a lot of sound projects on the instillation disk which has plenty of diesel locos that can be edited for uploading to a decoder.

Eoin
    Yes, and the website has a large selection of files from various countries which are free to download. No UK outline but there's plenty of US locos which is good if you model Irish!

Is there anything there that would work for your DART project?

Divecontroller,

DC Kits have an excellent range of soundfiles for British locos. They may be willing to write a bespoke file to your specifications if you just want to change a few horn sounds. Might be worth contacting them....
    Yes, and the website has a large selection of files from various countries which are free to download. No UK outline but there's plenty of US locos which is good if you model Irish!

Is there anything there that would work for your DART project?
    Eoin and IT, thanks for all of that which has ben immensely helpful
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"

Anyone know what the craic is with the 121s? Seems to have gone very quiet on this front!

Quote Originally Posted by Warbonnet Jan 2016
    Word is that a provisional date of Christmas 2016 has been given to the release of the first 121s which will be the first grey and yellow livery and the final IE livery with more to follow in 2017. Corrected Supertrain Mark IIS and 201s in latest livery are also on the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbonnet Jan 2016
    First, the news everybody has been waiting for. Class 121 CAD drawings were started in December. It is expected that pre-production samples will be available for perusal at the MRSI October Show in Raheny with a first delivery in time for Christmas. It is intended that the IE and original CIE grey will be first to arrive with CIE Black and Supertrain and IR versions to follow within 9-10 months.
    Oh I'm getting just a shade impatient waiting to operate a 121 model.

Had been wondering if pairing one of these . .

. . . with one of these might carry me over until MM (Murphy Magic) release a 121?

It would be a far cry from the detail and correct precision of an injection moulded MM, but may pass the 'duck test' running around the layout in a B&T livery paired with a 141

Ah well, in for a penny, in for a pound: 121 class model to play with in the mean time
    Last edited by Noel; 27-04-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Should look the part(from a distance anyway) Noel when you get it finished. Is that a Shapeway body?

Hi Noel, great to see you're working on a model, but not sure it fits in on this thead as it's to do with the Murphy 121 and you have also posted it elsewhere. Cross posting is discouraged. Thanks.
    Railway videos, both real and model http://www.youtube.com/user/franburke

My Fledging Flickr Account (With More Irish Pics Than You Would Expect!)

Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Warbonnet View Post
    Hi Noel, great to see you're working on a model, but not sure it fits in on this thead as it's to do with the Murphy 121 and you have also posted it elsewhere. Cross posting is discouraged. Thanks.
    Apologies Fran, no prob. That's why I made short post here with the other 121 related posts, but a link to the long post on the workbench thread. Noel

Btw, any news on likely ship date for the Murphy Model 121?

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Apologies Fran, no prob. That's why I made short post here with the other 121 related posts, but a link to the long post on the workbench thread. Noel

Btw, any news on likely ship date for the Murphy Model 121?
    Why don't you contact Murphy Models and ask them.

Rich,