Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Murphy Models 121

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    a pack of 124 and 134 with one being a dummy unit would be a good idea I think, may also help keep the cost down a little without the second set of running gear.
    I said that a while ago in a separate thread. However it appears it doesn't cost very much less to make a dummy unit compared to a powered one

A dummy unit would actually cost more than one with a motor
    Sounds silly I know but is has to do with a different chassis being produced for the dummy,
    The new mouldings dye alone would almost set off the cost of the motor
    It was looked at and it has been declared a non runner (sorry!)

it would be simple enough to remove the motor and leave her a dummy, so i wouldnt worry about that aspect - lets hope she will go into production first!

God the wallet is still recovering from the 071s,and I would
    like 077 as well as one CIE livery.That said the 121s are a
    Very nice prospect.Such a nice sight when double headed.
    ENNISCORTHYMAN

Quote Originally Posted by enniscorthyman View Post
    God the wallet is still recovering from the 071s,and I would
    like 077 as well as one CIE livery.That said the 121s are a
    Very nice prospect.Such a nice sight when double headed.
    I picked up a 210 for a nice price on Sunday - a chap had been given it as a present by somebody who thought it was 'a nice colour' - which it obviously is - but, it didn't really fit on a GWR layout.

I might still have to get a grey 071 yet, though...
    My best work has been spread over many fields..

Quote Originally Posted by RedRich View Post
    A twin pack of 124 and 134 in the condition that they last ran in would be sweet. Blanked out cab windows. You could run them as a pair, or pair one with a baby for a bit of variety.

Rich,
    Not sure about condition, but 124/134 will be in IE livery, hopefully with LED lights. 5 liveries for the 121 too, doubt PM will do every body variant but other things to remember are that when they were delivered they did not have the handrails along the 'bonnet'. Lots of mould differences and they are not cheap

Cheers Ed. IE logo, led lights and blanked out cab windows was the condition I was referring to. There are a fair few external differences in the 141-181 locos that PM captured on the models.

Rich,

A picture of 124 with the short lived green arrow livery variation of its IR orange went up on the Facebook group 'Irish Railways Past and Present' a couple of days ago. Think you have to be a member to view via the link but I might be wrong! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Railway videos, both real and model http://www.youtube.com/user/franburke

My Fledging Flickr Account (With More Irish Pics Than You Would Expect!)

Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

Ed, I would imagine the early ones would be modelled without handrails wouldn't they? As these are, I think, separately fitted parts

Quote Originally Posted by UP6936 View Post
    Ed, I would imagine the early ones would be modelled without handrails wouldn't they? As these are, I think, separately fitted parts
    remember when paddy brought out the new grey livery 071? he couldnt remove the grab raild on the cab as it would have to be retooled. same applies to fittimg them i would imagine.....just my humble opinionName:  yellow-smiley-confused-emoticon.gif
Views: 576
Size:  79.8 KB