Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Murphy Models 121

Quote Originally Posted by RedRich View Post
    A twin pack of 124 and 134 in the condition that they last ran in would be sweet. Blanked out cab windows. You could run them as a pair, or pair one with a baby for a bit of variety.

Rich,
    Why did IE blank off those centre windows?

Quote Originally Posted by UP6936 View Post
    Why did IE blank off those centre windows?
    I'm not sure what was the reasoning behind it. I think 123 and 133 were done also.

Rich,

Would 'crowd funding' be an option in consultation with Paddy Murphy? I'm guessing €250k would be the number needed to move this to production. Would very quickly indicate if there is a genuine demand or not!

It's a question I raised before....

Basically entails a chunk of people pre-buying their locos a year or two in advance to ensure they get made...

Quote Originally Posted by BosKonay View Post
    It's a question I raised before....

Basically entails a chunk of people pre-buying their locos a year or two in advance to ensure they get made...
    I think the problem with this would be 'what if the company go bust in the meantime?' and if the answer is no then it could be messy to send all the money back to those who ponied up. And personally I wouldn't part with cash until I've seen at least a test model in case there's a major accuracy blunder.

An alternative is do as smaller companies in the US and Canada do like Rapido Trains. Set a deadline and say that if the company receives x amount of preorders in that time then the project will go ahead, if not hard luck! As far as I know they don't take deposits but maybe this would be an option.
    Railway videos, both real and model http://www.youtube.com/user/franburke

My Fledging Flickr Account (With More Irish Pics Than You Would Expect!)

Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

As much as I'd love a few 121s, at the same time I'm not in much of a hurry. The reason being is that once PM releases the 121s where do we go from there? Is that it from PM. Do we get the MM treatment for a future A and C class maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Railer View Post
    Do we get the MM treatment for a future A and C class maybe.
    Don't make me drool! Plenty of coaches and wagons to do.
    Railway videos, both real and model http://www.youtube.com/user/franburke

My Fledging Flickr Account (With More Irish Pics Than You Would Expect!)

Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Railer View Post
    As much as I'd love a few 121s, at the same time I'm not in much of a hurry. The reason being is that once PM releases the 121s where do we go from there? Is that it from PM. Do we get the MM treatment for a future A and C class maybe.
    The same source said that the A class was being considered by Mr Murphy as a follow on project.

a pack of 124 and 134 with one being a dummy unit would be a good idea I think, may also help keep the cost down a little without the second set of running gear.