Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ernies Massive Irish 1930's to 2005 Photo Archive

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Well done, Ernie.

Your work is much appreciated by everyone. Those who misuse the copyright of others are a curse to serious researchers (and browsing enthusiasts) as it leads to collections being shut away even from those who have genuine reason for viewing.

Hopefully, you will remain able to share as mentioned in your post. Very many thanks.
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

May I add my thanks for such a great resource -invaluable to any modeller.

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Is it just my computer or is it flickr - I find that looking up anything on that website is exceptionally slow to the extent that after 2 or 3 images it just slows to an unworkable speed.... any ideas?
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Its probably just Flickr, I've just been on and its working OK. Holidays and weekends see a large increase in 'hits' so it may just have been heavy 'traffic'. There have been over 8,000 hits today on the 4,000 odd remaining images, compared to 10,500 for all yesterday on 32,000 plus.

Ernie

I have gradually added more of the JW Armstrong images from the Armstrong Railway Photographic Trust (many thanks to them for permission to use.)

This one https://www.flickr.com/photos/irishs...in/dateposted/
    of a Tablet Catcher in operation needs the location identified,; not much to go on unfortunately.

Ernie

Fantastic resource, Ernie. Thanks for the time you have put into providing it
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"