Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ernies Massive Irish 1930's to 2005 Photo Archive

Quote Originally Posted by Irishswissernie View Post
    I have uploaded a fair amount of Irish material to Flickr over the last couple of months. This is the collection link then click on an album Icon.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/irishs...7626625058875/ Alternatively you can click on the Archive photostream https://www.flickr.com/photos/irishswissernie/ and work your way back as I have added the views to the various Albums.

Thanks to my good friend Dave Dunn of the Armstrong Railway Photographic Trust I have his permission to upload material from the ARPT Archive. The Trust mainly concerns itself with the GB railways but there is a fair amount of Archive Irish material in the collections as a fair number of the photographers visited Ireland. I have already added most of the Narrow Gauge views and am working through the 'standard' gauge material. Many of the captions have had to be amended as the information on the negatives was inaccurate or incomplete. I have added some to the 'Locations Unknown' Album as I have been unable to determine the location.

Should any of the captions be wrong or you can identify any please put a note on the thread

Ernie
    What a treasure trove of photos. Superb. Thanks for posting.

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Well done IrishswissErnie again. Absolutely superb stuff, and great to have it widely viewable by all.
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

A quick note of gratitude to Ernie and everyone else that shares their work on the site so freely- I for one greatly appreciate the time you put in in the background; uploading, editing, and researching the photos. It is such a brilliant resource and I hope to be referencing back for many years to come. Well done!

had a look through this because I was looking for photos of bogie cement wagons (there are a few) .
    what a super collection !!
    well done Ernie.

where?

Name:  1131-3 D No333 Claremorris station Ireland (JW Armstrong)  0.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  85.2 KB

I have been uploading a few more images from the Armstrong Railway Photographic Trust courtesy of Dave Dunn. This is a JW Armstrong original listed as Claremorris but it isn't! Any ideas.

Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by Irishswissernie View Post
    Name:  1131-3 D No333 Claremorris station Ireland (JW Armstrong)  0.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  85.2 KB

I have been uploading a few more images from the Armstrong Railway Photographic Trust courtesy of Dave Dunn. This is a JW Armstrong original listed as Claremorris but it isn't! Any ideas.

Ernie
    Headford Junction on the Mallow to Tralee line?

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie1951 View Post
    Headford Junction on the Mallow to Tralee line?
    Would be inclined to agree, somehow a very very rarely photographed location.
    The island platform, large nameboard and family resemblance of building to those on the South Kerry branches would be pointing in that direction.

I think it could well be Headford Juntion, I have a view looking the other way on Flickr. It would seem to fit!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/irishs...otolist-a5LPDH

The photographer also did Killarney, Tralee and the line to Valentia so it would fit.

Thanks Ernie

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Looks like headford all right.

As others have said, a huge gratitude to Ernie.
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Just a quick up-date on the Archive, I have had problems with images being snipped, copied and even prints sold from some of the England/Scotland/Wales collections and this has upset some of the photographers/copyright holders. I don't need this hassle and I also don't want to cause distress to the copyright holders particularly at their time of life.
    I have had no problems with the Irish Archive so this one will continue with (hopefully) new material from time to time.The other Archives (Isle of Man & Spain excepted) have been closed.

Ernie