Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CIE Dmu's ?

CIE Dmu's ?

Hello Everyone.

Perhaps someone can help me with this.

As a kid in Cork I remember CIE Dmu's leaving the station next to the City Hall bound for Bantry I think ?
    Can anyone tell me the model of there dmu's & is there a 4mm model available anywhere ?
    It would have been around 1960 ?

I understand that there is a book available Diesel Dawn Ireland's Contribution to the Development of the DMU 1931-1967
    However I haven't been able to find a copy. Perhaps someone can help ?

Thanks everyone.
    Regards.
    Tony.

Hi Tony,

The railcars you are referring to are almost certainly the 2600 class, which were built by AEC and entered service in 1952. Some of them lasted into the 1980s after being converted to unpowered push-pull sets for use on Dublin suburban services.

Photo here: http://s836.photobucket.com/user/buf.../4003.jpg.html

Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

Hi Tony,
    They were definitely the 2600 Aec class railcars leaving Albert Qy station. There was also bullied inchicore built railcar examples used on the line.
    Modelwise silverfox do an example using uk based stock for the base model. I ve a copy of the diesel dawn book that your welcome to have a lend off.

Quote Originally Posted by garfieldsghost View Post
    Hi Tony,

The railcars you are referring to are almost certainly the 2600 class, which were built by AEC and entered service in 1952. Some of them lasted into the 1980s after being converted to unpowered push-pull sets for use on Dublin suburban services.

Photo here: http://s836.photobucket.com/user/buf.../4003.jpg.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversuir226 View Post
    Hi Tony,
    They were definitely the 2600 Aec class railcars leaving Albert Qy station. There was also bullied inchicore built railcar examples used on the line.
    Modelwise silverfox do an example using uk based stock for the base model. I ve a copy of the diesel dawn book that your welcome to have a lend off.
    Sorry I don't have names for you lads but thanks for the info.
    I'm not going to build one right now so I will keep an eye out for a copy of that book. Bound to turn up eventually like the local bus
    Regards.
    Tony.

A good scale model of the AECs would be superb. A lot of possibilities with hauled stock as well as motorised, liveries, possible GNR version too....

Pretty essential rolling stock for the period.
    Railway videos, both real and model http://www.youtube.com/user/franburke

My Fledging Flickr Account (With More Irish Pics Than You Would Expect!)

Would Murphy's be interested I wonder ?
    Even though I don't have an Irish layout I would certainly buy a couple as they have great memories for me.
    Another model I would be interested in is a C class No 227 which was on the last train to leave Caherciveen on the 1st July 1960 on the Farrenfore to Valentia Railway.
    Regards.
    Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by amdaley View Post
    Would Murphy's be interested I wonder ?
    Even though I don't have an Irish layout I would certainly buy a couple as they have great memories for me.
    Another model I would be interested in is a C class No 227 which was on the last train to leave Caherciveen on the 1st July 1960 on the Farrenfore to Valentia Railway.
    Murphys don't seem to want to do a model which has been released RTR by another provider. Silver Fox did a tarted up BR craven unit in Irish liveries. One to the standards of Murphy stock would be fantastic. Then again he'd probably have to do a C class to go with it...
    Railway videos, both real and model http://www.youtube.com/user/franburke

My Fledging Flickr Account (With More Irish Pics Than You Would Expect!)

Here is a UTA dmu a friend did.

Name:  IMAG0424.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  113.5 KB