Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 148

Thread: Bachmann IE Autoballasters

  1. #1

    Bachmann IE Autoballasters

    On the way soon from Irish stockists!

    Here they are photographed being pulled by the prototype 071 Class

    Name:  AB_WM1.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  49.8 KB
    Name:  AB_WM2.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  45.7 KB
    Name:  AB_WM3.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  40.6 KB
    Name:  AB_WM4.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  40.0 KB

  2. #2

  3. #3
    The bauld A4mallard has a rake of UK ones he weathered up quite nicely. They are one of the nicest model wagons around, I'm sure anyone who buys this limited edition will be delighted with them.

  4. #4
    Fran the one area where Bachmann have always excelled is in it's freight stock. I remember when they released the JGA in RMC livery, and that still stands the test of time even now. The Cartics are beauties also. Mind you Dapol have been releasing some cracking freight models as well of late.

    Rich,

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRich View Post
    Fran the one area where Bachmann have always excelled is in it's freight stock. I remember when they released the JGA in RMC livery, and that still stands the test of time even now. The Cartics are beauties also. Mind you Dapol have been releasing some cracking freight models as well of late.

    Rich,
    They sure do Rich, have a few rakes of Bachmann modern wagons and older 4 wheel gear for the BR green period and they're all lovely. Streets ahead of Hornby in this regard.

  6. #6
    The Bachmann stuff is great, altho the recent Hornby items, like the timber carriers are top notch too!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BosKonay View Post
    The Bachmann stuff is great, altho the recent Hornby items, like the timber carriers are top notch too!
    Very true Stephen and the KFA's are a cracking model also.

    Rich,

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRich View Post
    Very true Stephen and the KFA's are a cracking model also.

    Rich,
    I wish they'd sort out their close coupling mechanism though, they have a tendency to throw things off the tracks, as do their diesels.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbonnet View Post
    I wish they'd sort out their close coupling mechanism though, they have a tendency to throw things off the tracks, as do their diesels.
    does that happen even at slow speeds?

  10. #10
    Yep, seems to be an issue in the curves with them not resetting properly. Brendan will give you a demonstration, I know it's been getting on his tits!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Welcome to Irish Railway Modeller. The home of Railway Modelling and collecting in Ireland. We are a friendly, open community where you will find lots of support, advice and encouragement, as well as inspiration! Join us today!
Join us