Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dapol Sentinel.

Retired Senior Moderator WRENNEIRE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heirflick View Post
    jesus lads, you two shouldnt be let out!! bty what price is she?
    With postage works out at about €100

It was 75 inc p&p for me.

Right. I've given it a little bit of a run today and, so that we're all using the same units, I used Cravens as the test loads. On the flat it was still quite happy with five behind it, even with the whole train on a radius 2 curve - I didn't think it was worth finding the limit, as it'll never need to do that in 'real' life. On the 1:40 slope, it started to slip when the fifth coach was added, but it would even start from stationary with four coaches, all on the slope, without slipping - we don't have any sloping curved track. But that sort of perfomance'll do for me, I think.

I suspect there's maybe the odd bit of oil on the wheels and the track is in a fairly dusty location - even so, it's better than I expected.
    My best work has been spread over many fields..

Impressive haulage for such a tiny little thing!

broithe , stick up a few pics of her in action please

Quote Originally Posted by skinner75 View Post
    I got one of them too, and dropped it straight out of the box! Chipped off half of one of the buffers, but have glued the piece back on.
    I popped an 8pin DCC chip into it, and it works a treat
    What is it with this model? Mine ended up on the floor too!
    Tony

tony, are you sure its the model?. the lesson here is dont open any boxes after been out the night before!

Quote Originally Posted by heirflick View Post
    tony, are you sure its the model?. the lesson here is dont open any boxes after been out the night before!
    There should be a warning on the box.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Tarabuses View Post
    There should be a warning on the box.
    practice holding the loco by using a real live baby ,once you have the hang of that then try opening the box and removing the loco.

Quote Originally Posted by BosKonay View Post
    thats a mighty big load for a small engine-looks the part doing it too! must get one of them!