Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Irish Lines

Ouch! Well, just as handy that I also have Firefox then...

You can now keep an eye out for New Irish Lines updates via Facebook and Twitter:

www.facebook.com/NewIrishLines
    www.twitter.com/NewIrishLines

Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

Another update to the New Irish Lines archive. It now includes editions from 2005-2007:

http://newirishlines.org/archive-2/

More to follow during the week!

Oh you bloody diamond! Incidentally Garf, i've run OCR on the previous pdfs so I can cobble together a quick access index in a txt doc, contents/index mostly, handy to find peculiar stuff in a hurry. Would it be handy for dropbox? One other thing it does is drop the file size from around 45mb to about 5mb. Thoughts? R.

Edit-Oh, and possibly include a paypal link for donations to NIL. Its an excellent production and every little helps.
    Last edited by Glenderg; 02-10-2013 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenderg View Post
    Oh you bloody diamond! Incidentally Garf, i've run OCR on the previous pdfs so I can cobble together a quick access index in a txt doc, contents/index mostly, handy to find peculiar stuff in a hurry. Would it be handy for dropbox? One other thing it does is drop the file size from around 45mb to about 5mb. Thoughts? R.

Edit-Oh, and possibly include a paypal link for donations to NIL. Its an excellent production and every little helps.
    Cheers! I'll be in touch with you about that.

I'll mention the donations button to Alan O'Rourke, although the only costs normally incurred relate to printing...

I also must add a word of thanks to Dennis Mowatt, who scanned and converted the files.
    Last edited by Garfield; 02-10-2013 at 04:57 AM.

The archive is now complete up to and including the May 2012 issue: http://newirishlines.org/archive-2/

Going forward, digital editions will be uploaded 12 months after the print version is published, i.e. the PDF of the November 2012 newsletter will be added to the archive next month, when the November 2013 issue is published.

Great googly moogly. The hole made by the GAA absence has been filled nicely. Another weekend "disparu"!

A big thank you to all involved in this.
    An excellent resource for any Irish outline modeller!

I've downloaded the last few even though I have them in print as having a back up copy is a good idea.
    Plenty to read now, just as I'm going away and won't be near my computer!
    You don't have to be mad to be a modeller but I find it helps!

Marc a.k.a Moogle

Quote Originally Posted by garfieldsghost View Post
    The archive is now complete up to and including the May 2012 issue: http://newirishlines.org/archive-2/

Going forward, digital editions will be uploaded 12 months after the print version is published, i.e. the PDF of the November 2012 newsletter will be added to the archive next month, when the November 2013 issue is published.
    A hearty congrats to you and all concerned on this project, much like this site, NIL is a superb resource for those modelling the irish scene. And the full archive just makes it so much easier to check back on previous work.

Mighty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Weshty View Post
    A hearty congrats to you and all concerned on this project, much like this site, NIL is a superb resource for those modelling the irish scene. And the full archive just makes it so much easier to check back on previous work.

Mighty stuff.
    Thanks Des, I'll pass it along.