Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beet wagons, what colour were they?

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    WOW!! That looks amazing! Superb

Quote Originally Posted by jhb171achill View Post
    WOW!! That looks amazing! Superb
    Thanks!, but I don't know about that! I had a copy of Rich's pic in front of me whilst I was working, and tried to match the colours and textures as best I could - I'm certainly very pleased that you like the result, because it took a lot of looking at that pic of the prototype to see what's really there, not what I think should be there. When It comes down to it, do I like the result that I've achieved? Yup! So in the end that's all that really matters

-Rob

excellent paint job, well done.

Rob well done there your beet wagon looks superb. I wish I could do that kind of work. Well done and excellent way of making a rake of beet wagons - lets hope that flow may come back in the future in some shape or form. Tommy

hidden-agenda
    Lovely work Robert you certainly caught the weathered look.

Fantastic work Rob. Being honest on a day when the weather was more inclement and skies were overcast they took on a different appearance. I think that anyone modelling beet trains should base their layout in the winter season as per the prototype. To my eye and having seen hundreds of beet trains you have captured the look very well.

Rich,

Lovely work there Robert - you really captured the look of a used beet wagon!

hidden-agenda
    I see the beet wagon body is no longer available from shapeways in oo scale you must have got them a good while back Robert , a model of a GSR cattle wagon shown as not for sale so some one must be planning to do them at some stage in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by hidden-agenda View Post
    I see the beet wagon body is no longer available from shapeways in oo scale you must have got them a good while back Robert , a model of a GSR cattle wagon shown as not for sale so some one must be planning to do them at some stage in the future.
    That's odd! I just searched now, and this came up fine:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/65559...-beet-box.html

About the cattle wagon, it may well be worth dropping the designer a pm via shapeways to check out their intentions.

-Rob