Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SSM brakevan

Blog Entries
    Thanks for that idea Glenderg I"ll give it a go! i must admit to using the weathering powder before sealing the finish. Even tried a bit of abrasion with the fiberglass pen which did not work! Thats when I got into the "thats as good as it gets attitude!" But will try the light overspray with some light grey.
    Mike

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    I missed this! Truly excellent model, right shade of grey and very realistic weathering. Superb.

My heart and soul is in County Clare, but my body is elsewhere :-(
    SSM also do the GNRI brake van, which is nice....
    "F*** your Honda Civic, I've a horse outside"

I have been working on the SSM model and am near to finished. Has anyone run these models, I am not sure if it has enough weight. It's my first brass kit and I used supper-glue to build it. Should I add a weight inside the van?
    The models above are superb, and great encouragement for us with less experience.
    Leo.

Simple answer is no,i've got two and both run nicely.Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rialto View Post
    I have been working on the SSM model and am near to finished. Has anyone run these models, I am not sure if it has enough weight. It's my first brass kit and I used supper-glue to build it. Should I add a weight inside the van?
    The models above are superb, and great encouragement for us with less experience.
    Leo.
    I have the SSM kit and looking forward to making it when I get the time.